Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Sleeping Bear Bay


Had a great day in Glen Arbor, MI on Saturday for the paint-out. Perfect weather, beautiful views. I arrived just in time to paint, so I didn't have time to search out new locations, and went right to a spot I'd seen last year: Thoreson Farm. It's a historic property that is now part of Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. The farm is on a bluff overlooking the bay. I went with the intention of painting the farm house, but walking around I found this view and couldn't resist. I'll save the farm house for the studio.
Sleeping Bear Bay morning, oil, 11" x 14" SOLD

2 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Looks like Maine, but then all the Northern lakes and rivers are similar. Beautiful variations of color in the water. Great composition with the trees in the foreground.

Cynthia Gur-Arie said...

We are still thoroughly enjoying this painting in our home, thank you again, David! Congrats on your award at this year's paint-out! Wonderful! Wish we could have been there. Your work is beautiful.