Sunday, July 7, 2013

Two weeks in Michigan

I just returned from a great two weeks in Michigan. I spent the first week painting and getting ready for my Center Gallery show in Glen Arbor. A nice opening reception with a few sales then and more during the week-long show.

















At the end of the week I got a last minute invitation to be a part of the first Fishtown Plein Air Paint-out. Fishtown is an historic little fishing village and dock area in Leland, Michigan. The Fishtown Preservation Society put this on as a fund-raiser. Fifteen artists did two paintings each for the Sunday evening reception and sale at Main Street Gallery. My painting of one of the old fishing tugs, the Janice Sue, was awarded 2nd place.







The Janice Sue, 
oil, 12" x 12"
SOLD


The second week was spent with family relaxing at Family Camp. But I did get some painting in and also had a reception of some recent pieces at MacBeth & Co. in Onekama. More images to come.

1 comment: