Tuesday, August 14, 2012

MacBeth & Co. Reception




A small showing of my Michigan paintings is happening at the Glen Arbor location of MacBeth & Co. They had a very nice reception for me on August 3, while I was up there for the Art Associations paint-out. Thanks to Deb, Kathy, and Beth and everyone who came. I’m happy to say that five paintings found new homes that night and a couple of more since.

This painting is one of the larger plein air pieces I did earlier this summer at Pyramid Point on Sleeping Bear Bay. I followed a trail about half-a-mile through the woods and up hill to this great view. I stood at the top of a dune about 30 stories high, looking toward North Manitou island. The lake water has an amazing, caribbean-like color there.

Summer is too short. I'm going back for more Michigan this weekend.


Atop Pyramid Point, oil, 16" x 20" SOLD

No comments: