Sunday, April 15, 2012


I took a trip up north to Michigan to deliver paintings this past weekend. First stop was the gift shop at the Muskegon Museum of Art. Good timing, it was free entry day so I did a little touring. They have a Robert Ried I especially like and a Whistler. Also a Henry Tanner painting, it was out on loan, but exchanged nicely for a Mary Cassatt. Next I went to River Street Gallery in Manistee with a dozen for their season opening this week. Then on to Glen Arbor with a couple for MacBeth & Co. And as long as I was there I had to climb a dune for a little painting (haven't had a chance to take a photo of that yet). The painting above is a studio piece from last month that I delivered.

Harbor Buoys, oil, 18" x 18"

2 comments:

Deb said...

I love how the water takes up so much of the painting - beautiful.

Rosie Brown said...

As a tropical artist, I especially love this one. Great job on the water. All your pieces inspire me

Rosie
http://rosiebrowncreations.blogspot.com/