Sunday, April 5, 2009

More Sedona

Just about every mountain and rock around Sedona has a name. Mostly named after what somebody thought they looked like. There's Coffee Pot Rock, Chimney Rock, Steamboat Rock, Camel Head, and Snoopy Rock. The morning light from the east gave us a nice view from our resort of Snoopy lying on top of his dog house. Oil, 8" x 10"




On another subject, I want to say thanks to Laurel Daniel for passing on to me the "Passion for Painting" award! Laurel's blog is one of my regular visit bookmarks for inspiration.



The rules of this blog award are that the recipient shares 7 things he/she is passionate about, and passes the award on to 7 other deserving bloggers.

7 of my passions in life:
1) My family: my wife, son and daughter (and dog, Chamois)
2) My faith and church
3) Time with friends and good food
4) Trying to depict something in paint with some feeling and emotion
5) The amazing natural world we've been given
6) Preserving and protecting that natural world
7) Tropical places, especially Hawaii
.
7 artists to watch and celebrate, I'm sure some of these have been recognized already, but these are artists that inspire me:
1) Carol Marine
2) Darrell Hill
3) Larry Moore
4) Eric Merrell
5) Bill Cone
6) William Wray
7) Robin Purcell

2 comments:

Darrell Hill said...

Keep up the good work. All the best.

Laurel Daniel said...

Another great image from Sedona!