Monday, June 5, 2017

Summer workshops

Please join me this summer to paint beautiful, northwest Michigan. I’ll be teaching three workshops.

The first is a one-day, plein air basics class at the Oliver Art Center in Frankfort, on June 24. An easy way to get your feet wet for beginners, and good practice for others. I’ll do demonstrations and we’ll paint at a couple of nearby sites.

In August I’ll again be teaching for the Glen Arbor Art Association. A three-day workshop at Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore’s Thorsen Farm and nearby spots, August 7-9. More in-depth, with demos and concentration on light and color.

From August 14-16 I will be with the Leelanau Community Cultural Center at the Old Art Building, in Leland. My first time teaching here, but it’s a location I love to paint. I have participated in “Leland Air,” their annual plein air event for the past three years. Below are the two paintings I did there a couple of weeks ago.

Hope to see you up north. Visit the sponsors websites to sign up.

Toward Pyramid Point, oil, 12" x 16"
Lakeside birch, oil 13" x 10"




No comments: