Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Let the season begin

In many of the resort areas of Michigan, summer is the high season, of course. A couple of the galleries I show in are only open for the warm months. Others, in larger towns, are open all year.

This week I'm headed north to deliver paintings and to participate in my first plein air event of the year, Leland Air, put on by The Old Art Building in Leland, Michigan. Should be a good day.

Here's a painting that is going to Water Street Gallery in Douglas, Michigan. It's a large version of the small study I did last month.








Grass roots, oil, 30" x 48"

1 comment:

Laurel Daniel said...

This is beautiful. Great job scaling up the study and keeping the simplicity of the scene. Good luck in the summer season and enjoy your painting days! I know you will.