Monday, April 22, 2013

Going large...

I'm happy to announce that I'm being represented by a new gallery, Water Street Gallery, in Douglas, Michigan. Beginning next week, I'll be a part of their “Who’s That?” show, an exhibit of new-to-the-gallery artists. I’ve painted in their summer plein air event for the past few years and after the last, they invited me to show this year.

This will be part of the show, it’s one of the largest paintings I’ve done. It’s a spot north of Manistee, Michigan, where I have plein air painted a couple of times. I worked from photos for this. The bluff was very overgrown with brush and saplings, so I simplified.

Opening reception: May 4, 6 - 8 pm
Water Street Gallery
98 Center Street
Douglas, MI




On a bluff above the lake, oil, 24" x 48"

1 comment:

Laurel Daniel said...

Congratulations on your new gallery and good luck with upcoming show. This piece is a stunner all the way around... color, composition, values... I'm sure it will walk away with some lucky new owner!